Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Favorite Things #2: My TV Shows

I was saving this post for a day when I didn't have time for anything longer and more meaningful. Unfortunately, that day is today. I'll save the details for another time, but trust me, it's been one heck of a day!


Have you ever wondered how the Bells spend their evenings? Well, after dinner, I spend time helping the kids with their chores. Some nights there is homework to be done. Every night Tanner and John read to themselves while I read aloud to the little kids. Then it's jammies and toothbrushing and tucking kids in bed. And then, John and I have our together time. Some nights that time is pretty short, but most nights we have time to watch one show together. (It helps to have a DVR, because the shows take significantly less time to watch that way, and we're not at the mercy of the networks' schedules either.) So we watch TV, we talk, we mock everything, we laugh our heads off, and we love every minute of it! Here are the shows we watch together:
I tried to put them in order of importance, but that changes depending on the season and our moods and.................whatever.


There are some shows that John refuses to watch, or that we don't have time for. These shows I watch while I feed the baby in the middle of the night or while I'm cleaning. Once again, I tried to put them in order, but it really depends on what's on (a lot are seasonal) and what my mood is.






OK, so I realize this list makes me look like a total TV junkie, and I really am. But not all of the shows are on all of the time. And believe me, with 4 kids I am not a couch potato! Remember, I'm up at least once in the night, and I have to stop every 2 to 3 hours during the day to feed my baby.

So I have two questions for you:

1: What have I left out? and

2: What are your favorite shows?

7 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

My husband and I are a lot like you....TV is our time together. It's always interesting to see what people like to watch! On your list, my favorites are Grey's Anatomy and ER. Can I confess that I have not missed one single episode of of ER? I also like Survivor. It seems like not as many people watch it anymore, but we are still hooked. I'm still mad at Candy for voting off....Gah, I can't remember his name, but the photographer guy. I liked him!

Ginger said...

I NEED DVR! I can't get into any shows anymore because I don't have DVR and the kids distract me. I like DH though.

luvmy5boyscora said...

Cute post! I like the shows John hates like Jon and Kate + 8 and HGTV House Hunters. Isn't DVR nice when you have a baby to feed???

Melanie said...

Yes, I couldn't live without a DVR. And I forgot about House Hunters. I used to love that show!

Amy, I am also a huge ER fan. I think I missed a season somewhere in the middle, but I've been a pretty tried and true follower. We were a little late getting into Survivor, but we've caught the last few seasons. And I'm ticked off about the medical resident getting voted off. He was so cute! (Maybe something to do with my husband being a resident, too?)

[alisar] said...

We used to talk a lot about tv on our Spokane walks! Funny how much we watch :)
I love The Office, Survivor, 30 Rock (although it's pretty dirty this season), What Not to Wear, and SYTYCD. The only thing on your list that I disagree with is that Jon & Kate show. I cannot stand it! They are cute parents with beautiful children, but the chaos of their lives just makes me want to rip out my hair!

Becky said...

On your list, I watch Amazing Race, Lost, Bachelor, American Idol, and Biggest Loser. Jeromy and I are watching Lost again from the beginning in reruns. Jeromy watches Heroes, but I don't. He watches Amazing Race with me. I'm surprised John doesn't watch that one with you. I also like Law & Order SVU, and I watch the original, too, but I don't like the Criminal Intent one. And I watch game shows. I end up deleting most of the episodes, but I record Price is Right, and right now I'm watching old Password Plus reruns on GSN. I used to LOVE Shark, but it got cancelled after 2 seasons. I also liked Women's Murder Club last season. And when they're on, I watch Project Runway and Design Star.

I love my DVR!!!

Anonymous said...

I was just watching What Not To Wear (was that really at the bottom of your list???) I'm excited for American Idol to start. I like the dancing shows but I always forget to watch them. It's always entertaining to watch shows with you and John and listen to your heartless mocking :)!