Monday, February 28, 2011

Mondays

Do you know how much surface area a gallon of milk covers? Well trust me when I tell you that you don't want to know. I thought I was getting ahead by running to the grocery store right before dinner time, especially since I only had one kiddo with me. The shopping went well -- five-year-olds can be really helpful when they're with mom one on one. And I was getting everything I need for this week's menu. Yay! Except five-year-olds are also prone to clumsiness. Hence, the gallon of milk that slipped out of Carter's hands and immediately burst open when it hit the ground. Let's just say that the spill extended past the gum and candy bars to the beginning of the checkstand, and was starting to drown me where I stood, next to the counter, trying to quickly unload the cart so we could get it out of the way. The clerks were sweet and helpful, and even got me a new milk to replace the one covering the floor. I was oh so apologetic and felt bad about all the trouble. And really, that's all I needed to cap off my Monday.

Here's to hoping tomorrow goes better........

6 comments:

Becky said...

Just be glad it happened in the store and not in your kitchen!! Temporary embarrassment, but then someone else got to clean it up!

Melanie said...

Good point, Becky. I'd much rather let them clean it up!

[alisar] said...

Seriously!! I was so relieved to hear it happened at the store where there are plenty of employees to clean it up!! Nice timing cArter!

Elise said...

agreed! I had an awesome experience at Costco which included a helpful 3 year old and 5 pounds of blueberries rolling every which way. That was awesome.

Laurie said...

Sorry but that is so funny--my Carter was carrying a gallon of orange juice down the aisle and accidentally let go of it as he was swinging it and it "bowled" about 15 feet! Orange juice everywhere! We laugh a lot about it now and tease him that he went bowling at Winco! These are memories you will laugh your head off at ....later! Hang in there!!!
Lauriele

Laurie said...

?how did that extra "le" get on my name??