Saturday, November 2, 2013

Envy

This is my little horseback riding daughter. Well, not so little, I guess. Katelyn will be 10 in December. She started horseback riding lessons this summer, and she's in heaven! We have the perfect setup, too. She takes lessons with her best friend, who lives almost across the street from us (which is miraculous when you live in the country) and is in her class at school. Their teacher lives very close and picks them up from school twice a week to take them to their lessons. She even delivers them right to our doorsteps when the lessons are over!
(Sorry the picture's so blurry)
 
 

 
Katie with her best friend Karin on Halloween
Grooming her lesson horse
So today Katelyn's spending the morning at the stable with her friend, grooming horses and taking a lesson. She spends every spare moment daydreaming about horses, and dreams about them at night, so this is a perfect day for her. And it would be for me, too! I love horses and would love to be taking lessons as well. Maybe when my little boys are all in school. But man, I would rather be spending the morning at the stable than catching up on chores around the house! Lucky girl!



6 comments:

BAK said...

Kate looks so happy! What a great thing for her to be learning. I understand your envy - I might have some myself!

Jeanne said...

Oh, I miss Katie. I'm so proud of how well she is doing with her horse riding lessons and learning to groom a horse.

[alisar] said...

What a dream! Katie is such a pretty girl. I can totally picture her riding off into the sunset on that beautiful animal :)

Becky said...

How fun! What a great experience for her. And hopefully you someday!

Stephanie said...

That IS a dream come true! I'm so glad Katelyn gets to have such a neat experience and gets to share it with her best friend, too! You should totally take lessons in a few years. Oh, and by the way, I love Katie's boots! She looks like a true rider.

Stephanie said...



That's so awesome!


Sophie