Thursday, January 14, 2010

Introducing....


Zachary Shane Bell
Born December 27th
7 lbs, 9 oz
20 1/2 inches long

There's a new man in my life, and I'm head-over-heels in love. Zachary came to us two days after Christmas, and he's the sweetest little addition to our family. Even Aidan, who isn't quite 17 months old, adores his little brother. I only hope that Zach can survive the "love" of his siblings, who aren't always as gentle with him as I think they should be.


It's been two and a half weeks, and I haven't even found the time to blog. Life is a little crazy with 5 kids. Right now I'm trying to be satisfied with just getting the kids where they need to go - to school in the morning, doctor and dentist appointments, music and dance lessons, etc - and keeping everyone clothed and fed. The house is staying reasonably clean, mostly because of my sweet, hard-working husband. But I should be straightening up right now and trying to tackle something on my gigantic to-do list. Instead, I'm taking a moment while Aidan and Zach are both sleeping to update my poor, neglected blog.


I have to admit, I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed still. Aidan is teething, and doesn't usually sleep through the night, so my nights are a juggling act. If one baby isn't awake, the other one is. John was such a huge help for the first week while he was home, but now I'm trying to take care of things so that he can work without falling asleep. There are days when I'm pretty sure I'm not going to survive, but luckily there are good days, too. I'm so sleep deprived, and still not feeling 100%. But I really love being a mom. Each of my kids is so special to me, and they bring me so much joy.


I have so much more I want to say, but the baby's ready to eat....again! At least I got some pictures on. Hopefully I'll have time to post again before he reaches adulthood.....

8 comments:

kim said...

Melanie, Zachary is beautiful. Who cares about the house or the to do list, just love on them babies.

Ginger said...

Oh HOW do you do it? You are amazing and now I can see how his eyes are blue. He is just perfect.

Stephanie said...

I love the new pictures! My two faves are Zach snuggled in his soft blue and orange blankies and Katelyn looking at Zach's tiny hands. You have such a beautiful family! And remember, it gets easier, right? In the meantime, get plenty of rest! Love you!

marnae said...

yea! congratulations! He is beautiful--the picture of him with Katelyn..she looks so much like you, and how I remember Cassie. Good luck with the juggling act..I feel for you. Some days I don't think I can even find the time to get dressed! You are doing great..and you're right they are worth it:) We may be coming to Utah the weekend of Presidents day. I would love to get together...I will email you with details..

Anonymous said...

Oh he's absolutely precious! What a sweetheart. I love the orange minky blankie! And the pictures of the kids with him. How sweet. I love cuddly little newborns! Hope you get some rest.

Becky said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sweet little newborn face.

I love all the new pictures. Congratulations! I've been checking your blog almost every day.

It must be so hard having two babies. Hang in there!

Elise said...

Just like all the Bell children... BEAUTIFUL! Congrats and I hope that you know I am thinking about you and the amazing mother you are! Remember that on the hard days : D

E

nathansara said...

So cute. thank you for posting.