Monday, August 27, 2007

Feeling a little exposed


John took off our kitchen cabinet doors this weekend. We have an awesome friend who's going to take them to work and run them through a huge sander. This will save me hours of labor, so thanks, Kim! The kitchen looks super busy with tons of colors on tons of items screaming out of every cupboard. I didn't think about it when my visiting teachers asked if they could drop by last night, until 5 minutes before they arrived. I suddenly realized how exposed I feel with all of my business hanging out in the open for the world to see. Suddenly my great idea to cut a whole in the wall and open up the kitchen and living room didn't seem like such a great idea anymore, since you can stare from the front door straight into most of my cupboards.

Anyway, I turned off the lights in the kitchen (it was 7pm, so the sun didn't reveal too many of my secrets) and turned on some cozy lamps in the living room. I had to explain that we're remodeling anyway, since our walls are all different colors with sheet rock and mud everywhere. It was about the only thing I could think of to talk about while they stayed for 50 minutes!! I'm sure these sweet women didn't think twice about my naked cupboards, so what is my problem?
(OK, I have to admit that I chose the least cluttered cupboards to showcase here. Not quite ready to show the world what I've got, I guess.)

3 comments:

[alisar] said...

Great post! Love the imagery. too bad about the 50 minute visit - I'm definitely of the 20 minute max variety.

Elise said...

I'm SO with Alisa (if I can keep my big mouth shut : ) Message and SEE YA! Love all the Corelle. A woman after my own heart!

Becky said...

Oops, sorry Elise--I guess I overstayed my welcome when I was your visiting teacher!! Great, NOW you tell me! (ha ha)

I've seen cupboards with glass, but they're definitely not for me. I like to be able to shut doors and hide stuff!