Thursday, August 23, 2007

On our way back up

I'm sticking to my promise to make my posts more upbeat. But this is sincere. I really feel better about things today. Katelyn took both doses of antibiotics yesterday and kept them down, and she actually sat at the dinner table with us and picked at her food. This morning she had 3 bowls of cereal! She's still pretty lethargic, but she's talking more and she wants to color, which is her favorite thing to do. I feel like I can let up a little on my worrying about her.

I'm quite proud of myself. I spent yesterday trying to get our life back in order. I got the house clean--not Elise clean (You're my inspiration, Elise!), but clean enough for now. I even went to the grocery store and had dinner on the table when John got home. It felt like the biggest accomplishment, since this week I threw a $5 Little Caesar's pizza on the table one night and made John eat leftovers straight from the fridge one night. I even got a load of laundry washed and put away. If I can continue on that path today, we'll be back to normal in no time! Thanks to all of my friends for letting me whine, and for the supportive comments. It means a lot to me.

3 comments:

BAK said...

I'm glad to hear that things are going better. Hang in there! You are such a good mom. And, at my house you would totally get points for the little ceasers pizza...we do it all the time! You should feel no remorse over that one! :) Love, Becky

Elise said...

Pizza? That would be WAY more than me with a week like you've had. Chris would be left to fend for himself with some cold cereal : )

Elise said...

P.S. You're my inspiration on sewing, cooking, and OF COURSE dealing with an really hard week like a CHAMP!!!