Sunday, April 27, 2008

Flowers for Mommy

My cousin is going to think I stole this straight from her blog, but I promise I didn't. We have had the most wonderful lazy afternoon. After lunch, Carter went down for a nap and Tanner and Katelyn ran off to play, so John and I were free. We napped for a little while, and then we both decided to read. John studied and I lounged in bed, reading and sleeping off and on. Katelyn came in with this surprise for me. She said, "Here are some flowers for you. I put them in water so they could grow." When I took them to show John, he told me that he saw her carrying them in the house and asked her not to take weeds inside and she said, "I need to take them in to mom so she'll be happy when she wakes up." She can be such a sweet and loving little girl. These are the things that just make your heart ache with the love of being a mother. I have to steal this poem from my cousin:

A rose can say “I love you” ..An orchid can enthrall…
but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist. That is best of all!

3 comments:

luvmy5boyscora said...

You are too funny! I love it! Don't you love mom moments like this? It makes all of the other moments worth it. Your picture is way cuter than mine with your apple green wall in the background. I love that color. I wish I was that brave to paint such a fun color somewhere. Maybe you could give me some ideas?...

BAK said...

What a sweet girl that Katie is! I love it when my kids give me flowers. Plus, dandelions in the house means that at least those seeds won't spread, right? Cute, cute.

Lucy said...

Awww! What a sweet story. My kids have not picked up on this habit. Perhaps we need to hang out more????