Monday, April 21, 2008

Random Musings

Hi. My name is Melanie, and this is my blog. I love blogging, but I cannot seem to balance keeping my life in order and finding time to blog. What is my problem? I know that the rest of you do it. Any tips? For two weeks, I kept my house perfectly spotless, the laundry was kept up, I planned menus and cooked dinners, and I shopped when necessary to keep our fridge stocked. And then I got overwhelmed (yes, again) with my husband getting home close to midnight too many nights, and having to study on the nights when he got home earlier. And I crashed. With me came the house, the laundry, the fridge, and my spirits. So I'm recovering, but I miss blogging, so I'm taking a minute to say hi.

Katelyn had a neighbor friend here today. They came inside to play, and as they went down the stairs I heard Katelyn explain, "I have no idea why this light switch goes down to turn on, but it just does." You know, the light has a switch at the top and the bottom, so you never know if you have to switch it up or down. But my little 4-year-old sounded hilarious explaining this to her friend. I had no idea she was even capable of such a thought. These are the things that I want to preserve, and since I'm terrible at journaling, I want to at least put them on my blog occasionally. Actually, I have a million and one blog posts in my head, and even a couple drafts started, but I never seem to make the time to publish them. I hope I can get my act together and get back into the game.

I said this not too long ago, but I feel the need to repeat myself. I am so grateful for all of my blogging friends. When I actually take a minute to read your blogs - which I have not done often at all lately, and certainly haven't commented - I am uplifted and inspired. I feel like I'm not all alone in this world, and like we're sharing a lot of the same struggles. When I get an invitation to a blog that's gone private, it makes my day. It probably seems like I'm not reading or not interested, but I crave the companionship you give me. So thank you! And thanks for checking my blog even though you know in your heart there will be nothing new, and thanks for your comments when I actually get something posted. I really value your friendship, and vow to be a better friend to all of you.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm always so excited when you have something new posted! And don't ever feel bad about not blogging "enough." If anything, you're probably tending to the real priorities while I waste time rattling away on my blog. But it really is theraputic at times, and I've needed it lately. And I totally understand what you're going through. I've had a lot of crashes lately. But I realized last night that it's okay because I always manage to pick myself up and keep going-- and so do you. That's the beauty of it. I really hope we have a chance to hang out this week, by the way. :-)

adrienne said...

I feel the same. I stay to on top of it for about a week or two then crash! I get so tired and just give up, and get cancer sores in my mouth telling me that I'm stressed! It is hard to run a house. It was much eaiser to teach 30 second graders! I'm the worst blogger my sister got mad at me this weekend. I am a very bad writer and speller so I get nervous. Oh well just need to do it. I love reading your honest blog it makes me feel not alone!
Much love to you and hang in there!
Adrienne

Lucy said...

While posting on my blog is something I find therapeutic and usually look forward to, I do understand the cycle of super woman to super overwhelmed all too well. Remember, your body is being used to grow another little person, and hormones and fatigue are part of the job. I've been so impressed by you and your willingness to hold music class and even have people over. Those two things might have gotten thrown out the window had I been in charge during any of my pregnancies.

I think you are incredible and feel extremely appreciative that I can call you friend. And I'm glad you posted:)

Melanie said...

Thanks, you guys. Steph, I'm so glad that we can commiserate on this stuff. Adrienne, you shouldn't worry about spelling & stuff. We all just want to know what you're up to and that you're ok. Lucy, I am so excited when you come to music. And hanging out afterward is the highlight of my week. I have to admit, though, that every Thursday morning I contemplate canceling music as I drag my kids and my tired self there.

BAK said...

Oh, Mel. I just love even checking your blog. You are such a kind person, and so much fun to be friends with. Thanks for letting us peek into your world as often as you can.

Hang in there and don't let things get to you. ;)