Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

I have to admit that I really don't get into Halloween. It's not my favorite holiday, so I don't put a lot of effort into my kids' costumes. The only thing that really excites me is seeing how much fun the kids have dressing up and going trick-or-treating. I've had more fun with it this year because of the Cherubs-like music group I do every Thursday (I'm calling mine MusicMakers). I had to buy all sorts of Halloween paraphernalia and really get into the ghosts and goblins stuff with the kids. I try to channel Adrienne and her fun and enthusiasm when I'm interacting with the children - it really is fun to be a child again when you let yourself go.

Anyway, here are my sweet kids in their costumes. They got to wear them in the morning to storytime at the library, and John and I took them around the neighborhood after dinner. It was fun to trick-or-treat for the first time in our new house. We introduced ourselves to the neighbors we don't know yet and had fun showing off the kids in costume to all of their surrogate grandparents (the majority of our neighbors).


Katelyn insisted on being Spiderman again this year, so I had to buy a costume since last year's was borrowed from my cousin. I just love the muscles! I wanted to find another superhero costume for Carter, but this one was super cheap, and so am I. He was pretty excited, though. All day he kept saying, "I ti-guh!"

I have to include a picture of my one and only Halloween decoration. I have had to fight John for my right to keep this on our last two moves. It's the "bowl" I use to hand out candy.

4 comments:

BAK said...

That bowl was worth fighting for! I love it.

Becky said...

I didn't know you were doing a "Cherubs" thing there! James still talks about it. Maybe I should start it up here...

We also loved trick-or-treating and passing out candy in our new neighborhood for the first time!

Lucy said...

Awesome that Katelyn wanted to be spiderman. Your kids look great.

Elise said...

How fun! I bet you are a great teacher, just like A... Sam still talkes about how much K loves Spiderman!