Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy 35th, Sweetie!


In honor of my cute husband's 35th birthday, here are 35 of my favorite things about him:

1. John delights in playing with the kids, and they love it more than anything!
2. He’s the smartest man I know.
3. He is the ultimate optimist.
4. He has a green thumb, and has turned our dead, dry lawn into a lush carpet of green.
5. He is very modest – he’ll hate this list!
6. He shares my love of nice shoes.
7. He’s always on time (unless I make him late).
8. He’s a cautious driver.
9. He pretends that every meal I make is the best he’s ever eaten.
10.He always lets me choose the restaurant when we go out.
11.He loves to learn. This has led to 3 post-graduate degrees and a ton of student loan debt, but it will be worth it someday!
12.He’s a very talented writer.
13.He’s always trying to make me laugh – and usually he succeeds.
14.He’s passionate about fishing.
15.He makes waffles almost every weekend.
16.He spends time with me every night, no matter how tired or busy he is.
17.He never complains when the house is a wreck.
18.He’ll make a fool of himself if it will make me laugh. He once put on a ridiculous outfit and walked all the way across TJ Maxx to find me. I’ve never laughed so hard in my life!
19.He is the best travel companion. We have awesome memories of trips to Mexico, Europe, New York, and Boston, to name a few. My favorite memories are of the Czech Republic.
20.He is a very thoughtful gift-giver.
21.He watches stupid t.v. shows like The Bachelor with me, just so that we can spend time together.
22.He loves movies!
23.He’s a very sharp dresser.
24.He is so handsome! I have thought he’s the best-looking man in the world since I first laid eyes on him 12 years ago.
25.He is very health-conscious. He works out regularly, and is better at eating healthy than I am.
26.He supports me in everything that I do.
27.He is a hard worker! He comes straight home and gets to work on the yard and the house, then studies until the last hour of the night, which he spends with me.
28.He loves great literature, and has influenced me to read great things that I may not have otherwise.
29.He writes poetry for me.
30.His car is always immaculate, inside and out.
31.He loves his mother – he talks to her almost every day and would do anything for her.
32.He babysits my friends’ children so that I can go do things with my friends minus the kiddos.
33.He’s very athletic. He takes the kids running regularly. He’s also an excellent golfer and a great snowboarder, but he rarely does these things because they cost money and take him from his family.
34.He’s a loyal friend. He still sees his best friend from high school and keeps up with people he used to work with.
35.He always puts his family first.
I love and appreciate you so much, hubby. I hope this list doesn't embarrass you. I just wanted to share with everyone what a wonderful guy you are. Happy belated birthday!

4 comments:

Becky said...

What a great guy!! I already knew he was pretty awesome, but it was fun reading the details. Happy birthday, John! He's pretty lucky to have you, too. I bet he could come up with a HUGE list of things he loves about you.

BAK said...

I love this list. John is the smartest person I have ever met, a point he always modestly casts aside when I say it to him. We are so glad to have him and his great family in our lives! Happy Birthday! I particularly like #32. ;)

Lucy said...

It's nice to see our friends' spouses through their eyes. Looks like you two are a perfect pair.

[alisar] said...

I, too, am a John fan. I have been the beneficiary of his babysitting and excellent wit. I have seen him laugh when he gets peed on and keep great spirits when most people would pull their hair out. You certainly caught a good one!