Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Good News

It seems only fair after I burdened you with my whininess that I make this post a happy one. Well, that will be pretty easy to do, given the subject matter. Here goes....


After almost a year and a half of trying, we are finally going to have a baby! We found out about 6 days before Christmas, and it was by far our most exciting Christmas present. But I have been apprehensive after the miscarriage in Spokane, and didn't want to tell anyone until we had proof that there's a baby growing in there. On Wednesday I got to take advantage of my husband's profession for the first time (well, besides collecting the paychecks, I mean). I went to the hospital at lunch time, he called ultrasound to let them know we were coming, and we walked right in and had a look at our little fetus.




I did say little. I'm about 9 weeks along, and the baby is due around August 31st. Exciting, huh?

Those of you who know me know what a struggle this has been for us. I realize that my story pales in comparison to some who are unable to conceive, or who try for much longer without success. I have empathy for anyone who has wanted to become pregnant and found it difficult. It is so painful every month. I feel so blessed and we are sooo happy!

Our neighbor, who is in the bishopric, stopped by on Thursday and we shared the news with him. I'm glad that we also told the kids that day, because when I went to church today, I was congratulated by just about everyone. I hadn't even told anyone in primary, and I felt bad. So I apologize to anyone who didn't hear the news straight from me. My intentions were good.

So this helps to explain why it has taken me so long to get over my illness. Now for the morning sickness, which is in full effect.........

7 comments:

BAK said...

Mel Bell, I am just so excited for you! Congratulations; I know how much you have wanted another baby and I couldn't be happier for you & John & the kids. Sometimes morning sickness CAN be a blessing, right? We love you guys!!

(and I'm so glad you are back to blogging!!)

jamesncassie said...

Congratulations Mel! James and I are so excited for you! It's so fun that we're both pregnant at the same time- for a few months! The ultrasound picture is so neat! I hope you're feeling okay!

nathansara said...

Just wanted to say one more time (and probably will tell you constantly because I see you every Sunday) I'm so happy for you and John. Thank you for sharing the ultrasound pictures with us. Please let me know if you need anything, even if it is a brown bag and some gingersnap cookies.

[alisar] said...

Of course, even your fetus is beautiful because it's a Bell. Congratulations on the best news I've heard all year!!! Loves to you and your family.

Elise said...

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. We could not be happier for you. I wish you all the luck in the world in getting through the morning sickness. I wish I was closer. I am a whiz at scrubbing toilets. Maybe someday... oh wait. We will all have kids old enough to do it for us then...

Amy Sorensen said...

I know you hardly know me (I'm Becky's sister), but your post made me tear up---I'm happy for you! Having felt that lonesomeness of wanting but not having a baby...I can relate. YAY for you! Congrats!

Lucy said...

Congratulations Melanie! I am so happy for you and your family. I, too, enjoyed the perks of early and often ultrasounds. Don't go too crazy! I can't wait to see your growing self. How beautiful.