Saturday, August 16, 2008

On his way!

I'm in labor! I could kind of tell all day that things were happening, but I've only ever been induced, so I wasn't sure what to expect. John was working, and I took the kids to Costco, trying to get my last minute errands done. That was where the contractions started getting harder and closer together. By the time I got to the checkout, I was pretty sure I was in labor. Luckily, my brother-in-law was close to my house, so he met me there to pick up the kids. (Thank you, Cory. I don't know what I would have done without you!) The contractions were getting closer and closer, in the 2 to 3 minute range, so he drove me to the hospital, where John was working. (I don't think he's disappointed that he had to call someone to cover his shift.)

Now we're in the delivery room watching the Olympics. I've got my epidural going. I always have one spot that doesn't numb, but I feel so much better than I did when I got to the hospital. I don't have any idea how long this labor will be--it's a whole new ball game without the pitocin.

We are so excited to meet our little baby Aidan! We'll post pictures when he arrives. Wish us luck!

6 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh my gosh! Good luck!! I have been wanting to call you but we are never home and I always either leave my phone home or it is dead so I am SO GLAD you posted this! Call me when you have him! I want to come see you guys. Good luck!

nathansara said...

yippie! we are so happy for you guys. can't wait to see the pictures. love ya!

[alisar] said...

Oh Mel. I'm sure your little Aidan is safe and sound now, but I'm sending my love to you today! I've been aching to call you since your Plain and Simple post, but life hasn't allowed me even an hour to breathe in the last month. I am ragged, which is why I'm such a bad friend right now.
I love you! And I can't wait to see pictures of what is sure to be another insanely beautiful Bell Babe.

Becky said...

I can't believe you were in labor at Costco! Crazy girl! I can't wait to hear about the baby. I hope you're all doing well.

Jeromy has a week off in February to attend an anesthesia conference in Park City, so we will have to come and see you and your new little one!

Ginger said...

Mel,

I can't find my charger and my phone is dead! Easton had my charger the other day pretending it was a "clock"? Pretty good imagination, but I haven't seen it since. Anyway, please call me at 967-5456 and let me know how everything went. If we are not home then you can leave a message on our answering machine with your phone #. I want to come see you guys and also I want to bring you dinner sometime soon! Hopefully soon I will find the charger then I can get your phone number and call you.

luvmy5boyscora said...

I am waiting PATIENTLY to see pics of your cute new one. And I love the name. Congrats. Hope you are doing well. Love ya! By the way, aren't you supposed to wait for your mom to be back in the states BEFORE you go into labor??