Monday, July 12, 2010

Looky looky

Wanna see something cute? Meet my new tote:

The materials and know-how were a birthday present from my sweet sister, Stephanie. She found the tutorial on homemadebyjill, one of my new favorite blogs. (Seriously, you should check it out!)


Now, ready for something else? Meet my new purse:

Once again, I copied Stephanie. She bought the pattern and made herself a purse, and I was so in love that I made myself one, and even used fabric from the same Moda line that she used. I know, what a copy cat, right? This project was more challenging and took much longer than the tote, which is super quick, but it was totally worth it. I LOVE taking my purse everywhere with me, and it even holds diapers and its coordinating wipe wallet (I know, I'm a nerd).


I didn't do a good job of showing it, but the lining of the tote is the same polka dot fabric as the zipper panel on the purse.

Have you done any fun projects lately?

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

YAY!!! You finished your tote! Aren't you so excited about your coordinating bags? I love them. As I love mine. We are so spoiled. :-)

Becky said...

Me, projects? I wish! I don't have any skillz. Your bags are SO cute!!

Melanie said...

Becky, I don't have any more skills than you! I just try things I don't know how to do and then I learn them. Too bad we're not closer - we could try some stuff together.

kim said...

Love your new bags! I sew, but am definitely a beginner, I haven't been brave enough to try a bag yet. Homemade by Jill is one of my favorite blogs too, isn't her new baby girl adorable?

Elise said...

lahooooove it!!!! Especially the wipe wallet coordination : D

Anonymous said...

Well if you're a copycat, then I must be a double copy cat! I'm glad you posted pics so I can see what my finished purse will look a lot like since mine's almost the same exact fabric. And your tote is the same fabric as mine! I can't wait til I finish my purse. So on that handmade by Jill blog did you see under the tote bag her adorable sock monkey diaper changing pad? I want to make one of those one of these days. I've been obsessed with sewing recently. I don't know if you saw the sock monkey pillowcases I made for the boys'. I'll have to post some pics when my purse is done. Sewing definitely keeps me busy while James studies! And the kids sleep...hopefully...

The Beans said...

That is honestly so cute!

It reminds me of my high school Home Ec. class when I had to make a set of pajamas...:-P (we also made a tote on the side).

-French Bean

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.