Friday, December 3, 2010

MFT #2*: Texting

John and I got new phones earlier this year. In the space of a day, I went from non-texter to textaholic. OK, that's probably an exaggeration, but I really enjoy having the option to send a text. I have to admit that I have a small case of phone phobia. I get really nervous when I have to make a phone call. Making visiting teaching appointments, for example, freaks me out. Calling around looking for a babysitter is torture! (When I was in 6th grade I needed to get a pet to keep in our classroom at school and my mom made me call a pet store to see if they carried turtles. I almost had a panic attack over it! And I will never live that down in my family. There you go - a little sneak peak into my crazy past. You're welcome.) I have no problem calling strangers at stores now, so I've come a long way. But texting takes all the anxiety out of reminding your friend you're on your way, or telling your sister you're running late. And no, I don't text while driving or during dates or family time. And you can't really make appointments or find babysitters while texting, so I'm not sure how that all ties in....
Anyway, if you don't text and you want to start, I highly recommend getting a phone with a full keyboard. It totally rocks!
* In case you're wondering, my list of favorite things is in no particular order other than whatever happens to be on my mind from day to day. And I'll try to make my future posts less random and rambling. :)

2 comments:

amy morgan said...

OH, WOW! I have phone phobia too! SO glad to know I'm not alone :)
I've made a deal with my visiting teaching partner . . . I'll give the lesson EVERY TIME if she'll make the appointments! Much less anxiety for me!

Becky said...

I have never sent a text! We don't have it on our current phone plan. But I'm looking forward to doing it someday soon, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Jeromy has always had a phone phobia, too, so I'm the one who has always made most of the phone calls in our family. He doesn't even like calling a store and asking what time they close. But he's gotten a lot better in the past few years since he has to return pages and make work-related calls all the time.