Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Favorite Things #1: Creativity (Plus a Sneak Peak!)

Two years ago I wrote a series of December blog posts I called My Favorite Things - kind of a mix of November-like gratitude posts and a recap of the year's happenings that I hadn't had a chance to blog about. Well, I'm going to revisit the idea this year. I'm hoping it will get me back into the swing of blogging. I haven't been able to work blogging into my life lately and I'm really missing it!

Today my favorite thing is CREATIVITY. I absolutely loooove to mosey around a cute quilt shop and put together the perfect combination of fabrics for a new project. And I love the excitement of completing something that I made all by myself, start to finish. I'm at a point in life where I have very little time for myself. As much as I love my little ones, and I'm trying to cherish and drink in their littleness, I am in desperate need of an outlet - something that makes me feel like me. That's what sewing is for me these days. I don't have much time to do it, which is why I've been trying to get an Etsy shop up and going and it's taking me quite a while. But it IS coming. So here's a sneak peak:


My Etsy shop will feature these cute totes and wipe wallets* in a bunch of adorable fabrics. There will be a few quilted minky blankets, including this one, and eventually bibs and a few more baby items. I just have a few more things to sew up and pictures to take before I'm ready to open shop. As soon as I'm ready, I'll be hosting a giveaway on my blog. I'm so excited!!!


*I have to credit Elise for teaching me how to make the wipe wallets. I've been addicted ever since she made me one and shared her secrets. Thanks, Elise!
Also, as much as I wish I were, I am NOT a good photographer. I hope you can tell how cute the stuff is in spite of the poor quality photos. : )

6 comments:

[alisar] said...

You are so very talented! My two littlest girls are the lucky recipients of gorgeous MelBel items, which I cherish!

Ginger said...

Yay! You are opening up shop! I loooove your creativity and you and that owl blanket is one of my favorites ever.

BAK said...

I love the blankets you make. They are just so pretty!! I can't wait to see your Etsy shop. It will be awesome!

adrienne said...

Wow-you are so talented with the machine! I wish you the best of luck! It is so nice to do somthing that is you not mom isn't it!
Much love,
Adrienne

Stephanie said...

I LOVE them (the blanket, tote and wipe wallet)! That is the cutest fabric I have EVER seen! You are making me miss Brooks and Quilter's Haven and Material Girls and all those other fun stores I love so much! I just can't resist beautiful fabric. You have such a talent and an eye for fabric selection and coordination, too. I can't wait until you get your Etsy shop going!

I feel so grateful that mom got us all into sewing. It is a fabulous outlet, as you put it. It makes me feel like I'm adding beauty to my home while giving me a "break" and letting me exercise my creativity--all in one fun hobby. Hooray for sewing!

Elise said...

You have the talent and style girl... Can't wait to see your cute stuff!!!