Saturday, December 4, 2010

MFT #3: Bath & Body Works

I didn't go out and shop the day after Thanksgiving. I just couldn't bear the thought of fighting crowds and standing in long lines. But I did some Black Friday shopping........online. This was a first for me. But I got the same stuff - probably more selection because they're less likely to be out of stock online than in the store, at least I would think. I got the same sale prices, and free shipping. Yay for me!

My box came yesterday, full of the essentials : a new wallflower - the Christmas tree shape because it looked too cute to pass up, body lotion and shower gel, wallflower refills, and of course soaps of all different scents.

There was a time just a few years ago when I was unfamiliar with this store that is now one of my favorites. I would wander in with my sister or a friend while at the mall, but never bought anything. I didn't know what I was missing!

My favorite B&B scent is sweet pea. I have sweet pea wallflowers, soap, lotion, shower gel, and even a scentportable for my van. Maybe I have a bit of an obsession. Hey, maybe I should be getting paid for this post! (hee, hee)

So now I want to know.........do you B&B, and if so, what are your faves?

3 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

I love B&BW! My favorite scent is Midnight Pomegranate. I used to love Sweet Pea...it was what I was into during the year I did my student teaching. Now when I try to wear it I get student-teaching anxiety all over again! ;) My second-favorite is Twilight Woods. mmm....

Stephanie said...

I love your favorite things posts!

You know, I have found myself missing Bath and Body Works lately! We definitely have one here in town, but I've never yet made it there and I am now officially out of almost all of my yummy soaps and lotions! Sad day, I know. I thought of you on Black Friday, though, since we were at B&BW there together last year! And you know what? The six bucks I was reluctant to pay for the lip gloss I bought on Black Friday last year is STILL serving me well. An entire year I've been using it and it still has some life left! Wow.

Who would think I could have so much to say about a single store?! Needless to say, I'm with you on loving the place. I'll have to check out the scentportables, though. Never heard of them!

Becky said...

I love it. I decided several years ago that it was definitely worth it to splurge on their soaps, and I buy wall flowers now, too, and sometimes lotion. I had a wallflower called creamy pumpkin in October that I really liked. I like sweet pea, too. And one of my favorite soaps is nectarine mint. It sounds weird, but I really like it.