Tuesday, December 7, 2010

MFT #4: FlyLady


There's nothing better than a clean house. Don't you agree? I love to walk into my bedroom and see my bed made and everything in its place. And it's soooo nice to walk into the kitchen and see a clean floor, gleaming counters, and a bright shiny sink.

I decorated my house for Christmas yesterday - we even got a tree and decorated it for family night! - and I used it as an excuse to do a deep cleaning in the living room. I vacuumed under and behind furniture, scrubbed our microfiber (thank goodness for microfiber!) couch and recliner, and polished the piano and end tables. I cleaned all of the glass and every nook and cranny. Man, it feels so good!

I try to keep up on this stuff, but I've felt very overwhelmed since having Zach almost a year ago. With a baby who's been walking for a few months now and getting into EVERYTHING, and a 2-year-old who also gets into everything but has learned more tricks and can cause enormous disasters in mere moments, I've got a lot going on. I'm really struggling to keep up. Enter FlyLady.

Some of her tips are pretty elementary, but I like the routine she suggests and it really helps when you're feeling like you're in over your head like I am right now. To make it more fun, my sister Cassie is doing it with me. We're doing the beginner baby steps together and we talk and text to keep each other updated. It helps to have a partner to report to.

So I assume that most of you have your act together enough that you have no need for such things. But I have to admit, because I like to keep it real, that I don't. But I want to. I reeeeaaaallly want to. So I'm working on it. And things are getting better.

Just in case, though, give me a call before you drop by. :)

3 comments:

Amy Sorensen said...

The thing that makes me stumble with Flylady is all the emails. if I sit down at the computer then I tend to waste time. BUT. I practice her "clean sink" concept and it really, really helps!

Becky said...

No, I do NOT have my act together! I need to give fly lady another look because I totally agree with you that there is nothing better than a clean house!

Flying Penguin said...

I started using Flylady successfully for the first time 2 months ago -- it actually motivated me to begin my own blog! And now we're being evicted and I'm so nervous about starting ALL OVER again!!!!
http://flyingpenguin28.blogspot.com/