Monday, June 30, 2008

7 Years


Today is the 7th anniversary of my marriage to my sweetheart. In celebration, here are 7 things that make me happy to be married to him:


  1. I laugh more when I'm with John than all of the time I spend without him. I honestly believe that this is the reason our marriage has lasted and will last forever.

  2. We complement each other so well. He is a go-getter while I'm a major procrastinator. He's scientific-minded while I'm more artistic. He's rational while I'm emotional. We really balance each other out.

  3. John lets me think I'm really smart by pretending he can never find anything so that I can find it for him. ;)

  4. We love to spend our leisure time together. We spend the most time by far watching movies and t.v., probably because we have limited time at night, and we can do that in short intervals. Before we had kids (and when we had money) we loved to go golfing and LOVED to go out to eat. Now we like to hang out with the kids, or take everyone to Costco to browse and eat. And fishing is fast becoming a favorite family activity.

  5. I can't imagine a better father for my children. John's top priority in life is making the kids happy, as you can tell from the amusement park that is our backyard. And the kids would rather play with their dad than do anything else.

  6. My husband is the hardest worker I know. Besides bringing home a paycheck so we can eat and wear clothes, and studying all the time so he can do well in his career, he takes really good care of us physically. Since we've been married, I haven't had to mow a lawn, change my oil or rotate my tires. He makes sure the grass is watered, the garbage is on the curb Wednesday mornings, and he fixes whatever needs it. I'm a pampered woman.

  7. We make really cute kids together. (I admit I may be a little biased on this.) I absolutely adore our little (growing) family!

Happy anniversary, hubby. I'm excited to see what another 7 years of marriage will bring...

5 comments:

[alisar] said...

Much love to our favorite couple!

Lucy said...

Happy Anniversary! All seven reasons are cause for celebrations. I hope you had a great, great day.

nathansara said...

Congrats and Happy Anniversary. Your guys are a cute couple and do make cute kids. Hope you enjoyed your day.

BAK said...

Oh, happy anniversary! I think that you are two pretty great people & am glad you found each other. Hope you had a great day!

Becky said...

Aww, happy anniversary, guys!