Thursday, June 19, 2008

Curiosity

Katelyn and Carter and I were in the car today when Katie asked the question. "Mom, is the baby going to come out of your mouth?" I knew I'd be faced with this subject matter eventually, I just didn't expect it to come in such funny words. I wanted to laugh hysterically, but at the same time I wanted to teleport John directly into the front seat to help me with a response. I gave her a vague answer that passified her temporarily, and vowed to give her a better, albeit it not too thorough, answer at a more appropriate time (i.e., when I've had more time to think about it and carefully plan my words). Then, of course, I called John immediately because I had to share the moment with him. Four-year-olds are too precious!

4 comments:

BAK said...

Even with Thomas at 6, I dread that question, that WHOLE conversation. The other day at church Thomas found a "Strength of Youth" pamplet in my church bag. He wanted it. I wouldn't let him have it because I saw all the stuff about dating & chastity & such, and I'm just NOT ready to go there yet. Maybe that's bad, but I just can't.

Hopefully Katie will be satisfied for a while!

Ginger said...

Easton has been talking about BRAS lately. Uuuugh! I think my cousin wears one and she was at my mom's house with Easton there and he picked up on that quite fast.

[alisar] said...

Caleb giggled when he heard the word "condom" on t.v. (Just watching Family Feud, you'd think that was safe). Anyway, kids start figuring stuff out so early these days. We're getting ready to have "the talk" this summer. Ugg.

Stephanie said...

I hope you don't mind that I shared this post with Cory. We laughed our heads off! But that's because Sophie hasn't asked THE question yet... Can't wait for that...