Saturday, July 7, 2007

Demolition

I'm not sure if we're incredibly brave or incredibly stupid. I probably mentioned to most of you that we wanted to cut a hole in the wall between our kitchen/dining area and our living room. Well, what were we waiting for, right? Here are the pics:

BEFORE

This is the kitchen side of the wall. Probably not a good idea to let our 3-year-old punch holes in the wall. We'll see how that pans out for us in the future...




This is the living room side. It's already a mess because John tore down our beautiful wood paneling yesterday.


AFTER

And finally, here's our wall with a huge hole in it! We are just sitting here marveling at the fact that we can carry on a conversation from the kitchen to the living room. Can you believe we did it?! After doing the finishing work on the hole and the surrounding wall, we only have to strip the wallpaper throughout the living room, kitchen & dining room, break off half of the bricks on the wall above our fireplace, scrap down our popcorn ceilings, retexture our walls, paint, put up crown and base molding, and lay our new wood floors in the kitchen/dining room. I'm sure I missed a half dozen steps in there, but you've got a good idea what we're in for.


2 comments:

Becky said...

Wow, I'm impressed! You guys aren't wasting any time, are you? I wish Jeromy and I were more handy. I don't think we can even paint our family room! We'll probably have to hire someone to do it.

Amanda said...

Oh the joys of owning a home and all the zillions of projects that come with it! Amanda