Saturday, July 7, 2007

Fireworks


We didn't make it to any big fireworks displays this year, but we had a great time at John's mom's house. We barbecued and hung out with family, and when it got dark, we did fireworks in the street in front of the house. The kids are the perfect age for this now. Katelyn and Carter jumped up and down over and over every time a firework went off. This was quite a few times, considering the massive box of fireworks that their grandma bought!

John took this awesome picture--he was able to catch Carter mid-air. As you can see, Carter likes to jump up and then come down on his rear end. (We try to discourage this because it looks so painful.)

3 comments:

[alisar] said...

First of all, I miss you! I dreamed about your family last night. Nothing weird, unfortunately, just a regular Bell/Ringger hang out night. Too bad I woke up!
I am so impressed with your demolition project. So far, we haven't accomplished much. Too bad home improvement costs money, of which we have none. I think I'll be living with my green dining room and dysfunctional doors for a while.
The pics of your kids are so cute. I absolutely love Carter's mid air jump!

Elise said...

You guys are so dang handy. I would never DARE to do anything so dramatic and it def would not look as good as your project looks! How fun. I can't wait to see more pictures and the house in person in September : ) We are missing the days at Adirondack pool on our hot summer days...

E

Becky said...

Ouch, that does look painful! Thank goodness for diapers.