Friday, September 28, 2007

My Better Half

OK, Elise, I'm not sure if you meant to tag me, because you have two Melanie's on your blog, but I'm going to pretend you did because this looks fun. So thanks for the tag, and here goes:

What is his name? John William (When we were first getting to know each other, he told me his middle name was after William Shakespeare. I'm not sure if that's what his parents intended, but it sure fits him.) How long have you been together? We've known each other for about 13 years. We've officially been a couple for 9 years, and we've been married for 6 years. How long did you date? Off and on for 4 years, then 3 years exclusively before we got married. How old is he? He'll be 35 next month. Who eats more? Definitely John. I eat a ton, but I can't even compete with him. Who said I love you first? I did. Who is taller? He is, by about 7 inches. Who sings better? He would agree that I am the musical one. Who is smarter? He is. Don't tell him I said that. Whose temper is worse? I think I'm quicker to anger, but we seem to be about even. Not sure if he'd agree on that one. Who does the laundry? I do. I actually really enjoy folding laundry, just not climbing up and down the stairs with it. Who does the dishes? Me, but more often than not, he has to pick up the slack for me. So maybe I should say that he does? Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? John. Who pays the bills? I do. Who mows the lawn? John does all of the yard care (at least until next year when I have flowers and a garden) and he is awesome! He brought our yard back from being basically dead and he's gotten grass to grow where there was just dirt a few months ago. And he edges and everything. We get lots of compliments on our yard. Who cooks dinner? Usually me, but it's my turn since he brought us lots of dinners all year in Spokane. Who drives when you are together? We share the driving, depending on who is tired or who feels like driving. Who is more stubborn? Both of us? Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Hands down, John. But I'm working on it. Whose parents do you see the most? His. They live closer. Who kissed whom first? He kissed me. I was playing hard to get. Who asked whom out? I think my sister kind of did it for us. It's a long story. Who proposed? John. He wrote me a long poem, in iambic decameter, and read it to me on Thanksgiving in front of his whole family. Who is more sensitive? I am. Who has more friends? I think we're about even. Who has more siblings? I do. Who wears the pants in the family? I'm with Elise on this one. We both wear pants! And I absolutely married my soul mate. We are so different in so many ways, but we are a perfect match!

I tag: Becky Kump, Stephanie, & Cassie

2 comments:

Elise said...

GREAT! I love to read about the "other half" of our lives! Of course I meant YOU too... : )

[alisar] said...

Tell John I love his serious Zoolander pose!