Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Favorite Things #1: Reconnecting

It's always awesome to hang out with people who live far away. In June, my baby sister Cassie came out for a visit. She stayed with us for a few days and the kids had a blast with her baby boy, Evan. While she was here, we went for a walk with my sister Stephanie. We walked from her house to the Bountiful Temple and back. It's only about 5 miles round trip, but it's all uphill on the way up, and super steep, then just as steep downhill on the way back. Being 7 1/2 months pregnant, I had a hard time, especially pushing 70+ pounds worth of kids! It's the only walk that comes close to my beloved Spokane walk in difficulty.




In August, I had an opportunity to see my dear friend Alisa. She was in the state for a wedding, so the kids and I drove a few hours and met her with her darling kids at a park. We had a delicious KFC lunch and chatted while the kids played. I hadn't seen Alisa since we all left Spokane in June of 2007. You know you've got a great friendship when you can pick up like you were never apart. Here are our kids:
Unfortunately I was too shy (and I HATE pictures of myself) to ask for a picture of the two of us, so I hope she'll forgive me for stealing this pic from her blog:

I can't wait for our next rendezvous. I just hope it lasts a little longer!


In October, my friend Lucy was in town for a few days and stopped by for a visit. Lucy was already living in Spokane when I moved there, and we wasted a year in the same city, not being friends. I was introduced to her, ran into her a couple of times, and heard nothing but good about her, but we never had a chance to get to know each other. Then when we both moved from Spokane, we ended up in the same city again for another year. This time, we did get to know each other, although I think we should have spent more time together. She was nice enough to bring her kids to my MusicMakers class every week, and Becky and I thoroughly enjoyed our chats afterword at my house. Here's the picture her cutie Seth took for us:
Becky and I are planning a road trip to visit her someday soon.....

6 comments:

luvmy5boyscora said...

This is such a cute idea. I can't wait to read more!

Stephanie said...

I love your new idea for blog posts! I think it's so neat that you're able to stay in touch with your distant friends, and still get together with them whenever possible. It just shows how much you cherish your friends! And by the way, now that I'm as pregnant as you were when we walked to the Temple, I feel TERRIBLE for making you do it! I could NOT do it today if I tried, I swear... :-)

Stephanie said...

By the way, is that Katelyn's new picture off to the right? It's a darling photo! (They all are!) I love her curly hair.

BAK said...

I just love that picture of the three of us! And what a good friend you are to go and see Alisa - I bet your visit was sweet, even if it was fast!!

Anonymous said...

Where'd you get the great idea to do the favorite things? That's neat. And of course I feel so special to be on the list! Katelyn is so adorable in her picture- and she looks so grown up. Tell her Aunt Cassie says hi and i love her!

[alisar] said...

Welcome back to blogland! We've been talking about you guys lately. Mostly, we've been lamenting how far apart we are, and how hard it is to stay in touch with such busy lives. I miss you! And I loved our mini reunion this summer. I'll never forget that you drove all day long to see me for a couple hours.