Saturday, December 6, 2008

My Favorite Things #5: Diet Dr. Pepper


Sorry, but it has to be said. I'm at a phase in my life where I'm particularly attached to that sweet, sweet nectar. For the first few months of my pregnancy, I couldn't stand the thought of carbonation of any kind. Then I suddenly developed an intense craving and got into a bad habit - going to the gas station for a DDP from the fountain, with a few squirts of cherry for good measure. A few weeks after Aidan was born my addiction became serious. My body realized that it was operating on a substantial sleep deficit, and I felt so much better with that caffeine boost to get me through the day. So for a few months, I drank at least 44 ounces of pop daily. Wow, that's crazy for a girl who grew up only having soda a few times a month, if that!

Now my life is getting back to some degree of normalcy and I'm only awakened 2 or 3 times each night by one of my two little boys. I don't really need the caffeine as much. So I get a fountain drink about twice a week, and I rarely finish it, even though I've downgraded to 32 ounces. But I still love Diet Dr. Pepper. It will always have a special place in my heart.

(If you think I'm strange for blogging about my love for a caffeinated beverage, check out these awesome ladies, who've both done the same. See, I'm not so weird, after all.)

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Haha! Smart to compare yourself to me, the biggest Dr. Pepper piggy out there. I didn't know you had cut back so much. You will have to give me some advice and quite honestly, I think I have blogged about Dr. Pepper at least 10 times. Such a loser.

BAK said...

I KNEW there was a reason we were such good friends! I love that you love Dr. Pepper (even if it's the skinny sister of Dr. Pepper!)