Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Favorite Things #8: Little Girls in Leotards

Katelyn started taking dance in September. We were referred to an amazing teacher who has a preschool (Katie's only in the dance class) in addition to teaching creative dance to students of all ages. She's been doing it for over 30 years now, and her daughters are also teachers. Every December all of her students (there are over 100) perform the Nutcracker at a local high school. This week we had dress rehearsals on Monday and Tuesday nights, and the performances are Wednesday and Thursday. Every child gets a chance to be seen on the stage, which of course the parents love. I'm so excited to go tomorrow and watch the look on John's face when he sees his adorable little girl up there - he still hasn't seen her dance at all.

5 comments:

BAK said...

Oh, I love that picture! And you know how excited for you that Katie is doing dance. It is the quintessential thing to do with a daughter, and how lucky you get to do it!

Hope the performance goes great! Tell Katie we said good luck.

Stephanie said...

I love the picture! Was that professionally done-- or did you take it at her rehearsal? I hope Katelyn has fun in her performance tonight! I can't wait until Sophie and Ingrid are doing something similar!

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! I bet she's so cute dancing around. Have fun at the recitals!

Becky said...

I wish I could see her in the Nutcracker!

Unknown said...

Unitards are like leotards and tights combined. They cover the legs and sometimes the arms too. In addition to being a popular item of dancewear, unitards are also worn by rock stars, wrestlers, circus performers, gymnasts and acrobats.