Thursday, November 1, 2007

Can't they just stay little?

Little kids do the cutest things. Katelyn is in a particularly sweet stage. She loves to help me with all of the household chores, and she frequently hugs John and me and tells us how much she loves us. She even helps Carter buckle his seatbelt before climbing in and fastening her own. Don't get me wrong, she still sits on the naughty mat at least once a day, but we're having a lot of fun with her right now.

Last night after the kids gorged themselves on candy, I asked them to get into jammies. Katelyn put hers on, but Carter was disinterested. So I asked Katelyn to help him pick out a pair and bring them out so I could put them on. After a few minutes, I went into Carter's room to see what was going on. This is what I found:
She laid out his jammies on the floor so he could choose a pair. Isn't that the cutest thing?!

4 comments:

BAK said...

That is so sweet! What a great helper Katie is. It is these kinds of things that I try so hard to remember or write down, because they just touch your heart so much. It shows that our kids have kind souls hiding beneath all the tantrums and backtalking.

Glad that you had a good halloween!

Becky said...

"Can't they just stay little?" That's my daily mantra!

Okay, now James and Julia have watched Katelyn and Carter on jib jab about 25 times!

Lucy said...

This is really sweet. I love that you took a picture of it:)

Elise said...

Seriously. That is the cutest thing!