Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dear Mom-in-Law,

I only say "in-law" to differentiate between you and my own mom. I don't think of you as a mother-in-law. TV shows give the term a bad connotation. Like on Everybody Loves Raymond, mothers-in-law are always hovering, criticizing, and making their sons' wives feel terrible about themselves. I have felt lucky since day one because you've never been that way with me. When I'm with you, I feel completely loved and accepted. You are one of the most thoughtful and generous people I've ever known, and I'm so grateful to have you in my life. My children are equally blessed to have you. They know that you would do anything for them, and they love the way you spoil them rotten.

I realize that you're in Hawaii and probably won't read this for a week, but I hope your Mother's Day is wonderfully relaxing, and I hope you know how much you're appreciated by your children and their families. Happy Mother's Day - we love you.

0 comments: