Sunday, May 11, 2008

Dear Mom,

I have not been an easy daughter to raise. As your first of four, I did my best to make life difficult for you. I promise I didn't mean to, but now that I have a daughter of my own, I can see how hard it must have been for you to figure out how to deal with me. I am scared to death of Katelyn as a teenager! I am just amazed that when I was at my very worst, you were the one beside me helping me through the trouble I brought on myself. It would have been so easy to say "I told you so," a million times, but you offered up your love and support instead. Over the years, I feel like we have built such a strong friendship, and I hope you know how important it is to me. I really love our long talks, and I know I can come to you if I need anything. Now that I have children, you've taken on a different role in my life. My kids love to go see their Omi, and I love watching them bond with you. They are very lucky to have such a wonderful grandma. So happy Mother's Day from all of us. We love you!

0 comments: